Wednesday, September 11, 2013

"Living in the Anointing"

by Mike Evans Jerusalem Prayer Team

"Why does it seem like so few Christians are experiencing the anointing of God in their lives? Because, somewhere down the line, they got the idea that the anointing is a thing. They confused it with a manifestation or an emotional high. They wanted to feel the anointing rather than live it. God's anointing cannot be confined to four walls. It can't be manufactured in the pulpit, or packaged in neat little programs, or sold to the highest bidder.

It is a gift from a loving and sovereign Father. The fact is, if you are a child of God, you are anointed. Your anointing is in Jesus, and the more you relate to Him, the more it will be released in your life. You must allow God the freedom to come to you in any way He deems appropriate. You must allow Him to release His glory and beauty and power in your life. You must allow Him to be as creative as He likes to be.

He wants to manifest Himself in you and touch the nations of the world, shaking cities and changing lives. The anointing within you will break every yoke and burden. All the prophets whom God called in the Bible had the anointing. Every priest had it and so did every king. And my Bible declares Jesus is a prophet, a priest, and a king.

If you want to release the anointing, allow Jesus to “live big” in you. One day I asked God for a greater anointing. Then Jesus said something that really touched me: “You will have it if you will say what I say.” I thought, “Well, that shouldn't be too hard.” He also said, “You must hear what I hear.” Now that is a little harder. You can say what Jesus says, but you have to guard your ears to start hearing what He hears. For instance, He does not listen to judgmental spirits. He does not listen to gossip. He does not listen to trashy music, television, or movie dialogues. Jesus does not hear those things.

Then He added one more point, “If you will say what I say, and hear what I hear, then you will do what I do.” At first I thought that would be easy, especially when I was saying what Jesus says and hearing what He hears. But I have discovered that it's not so easy. In fact, sometimes it is downright hard—but it works.

Those three commands from the Lord changed my life, “Say what I say, hear what I hear—then you'll do what I do.”

No comments:

Post a Comment